It is important that all members of the Moss Side community are dressed smartly and appropriately for school.
School Uniform consists of:
- Grey trousers* or navy blue skirt/pinafore or grey shorts
- Light blue polo shirt or light blue shirt
- Navy blue cardigan or sweatshirt
- Sensible, flat, predominantly black shoes (traditional school shoes or modern ‘trainer style’ are acceptable but must be black). Ballet style pumps are unsuitable, particularly in winter conditions.
- In summer, pupils may wish to wear a blue and white school summer dress
*These should be traditional ‘school trousers’ rather than tracksuit bottoms, jeans or leggings.
Where grey trousers/shorts cannot be obtained, navy blue or black is acceptable.
Where navy blue skirts/pinafores cannot be obtained, grey or black is acceptable.
Year 6 – pupils in Year 6 wear a green cardigan or sweatshirt (instead of navy blue) as a sign of the growing responsibility and trust they are given in school.
Pupils are also likely to need a small rucksack/backpack, in order to carry items (such as home reading books) to and from school. Parents should also consider seasonal items such as hat, gloves and cap/sunhats at appropriate times of the year.
Hair and Jewellery
Long hair (shoulder length or longer) should be tied back off the face.
Jewellery is not encouraged.
Children with pierced ears may wear studded earrings (no hoops or ‘dangly’ earrings). However, these must be removed or covered with tape for PE lessons.
For most PE sessions, pupils wear clothing appropriate for the activity.
- Light blue t-shirt
- Navy blue shadow shorts
- Black pumps (elasticated or Velcro). NB. Bare feet may be used instead at the teacher’s discretion
- A named, drawstring bag to store kit on your child’s coat peg
As above, but also including:
- Tracksuit bottoms (for outdoor use). Leggings may be worn as an alternative, but navy blue shadow shorts must be worn of the top.
- Trainers (for outdoor use). These can be left in school or taken to and from school each day. NB. Clean trainers may be used inside at the teacher’s discretion.
- Swimming Kit (Years4/5 only)
- Trunks (not shorts)/costume (not bikini)
- Swimming hat with name clearly marked on the outside
- Light shorts and t-shirt or pyjamas (when undertaking water-safety work)
It is crucial that all pupils’ items are clearly named so that lost property can be returned to the correct owner.
Clothes with the school logo can be purchased from Impressions. Further details are available via bit.ly/mossside. As an alternative plain clothes in the above colours can be purchased from supermarkets/high street department stores. Both purchase routes are equally acceptable.